The former redoubt and Gagini in Aachen. Ballroom Praeklassizistische Arvin Roset lining the Interior. 23 x 12 metre Ballroom, located behind the Windows of the Risalit, extends over two floors in height. The room offers in accordance with the three different seating plans for 231, 320 or 340 seats. A flat ceiling on two large fillets forms the upper part of this festive hall. The Ballroom is one of the most beautiful Rhine works art of architecture, sculpture and painting an interior design in the second half of the 18th century. The interior decorations are stucco Wurth and Peter Nicolaas Gagini. in 1903, architect Laurent adorns the new halls of his extension wing to the newly created Couvenstrasse with Gaginis stucco work from the old redoubt, which is destroyed in the breakthrough of the Couvenstrasse.
After the restoration of 1967, the white stucco work is the only decoration of the Ballroom. In contrast to the restoration in 1885, which the room artwork gold accented with. Replicated decoration the Ballroom at the decoration of the Ballroom, the eponymous area of the Redoute, is a replica. Only parts of the facade are after the second world war from the old Kurhaus. The Eagle of the main gable repeat above the entrance portal in the Overdoor relief. Alive surrounded and they umlauern the shield on the after restoration is to read: built by JAKOB COUVEN 1785 destroyed 1943 restored 1967 “the two inputs, which are on the respective side of the room long side flanked of two bearded atlases. They grow up from rejuvenating pilaster-like down architectural elements, their strong muscles are covered in stucco, fill in the frames between the first and second floors. While the main entrance as two horned Devil faces appear, the Viewer on the other portal encountered two happy laughing atlases. The carrying symbolism continues in the double pilasters with Corinthian capitals and Groove characterized the wall structure.