He had his own methods of how to deal with his inability to learn. He learned to all remember. Also in school he first raised his hand, knowing that in 90% someone who pulls her hand, never asked. And in the remaining 10% of cases, when it still was asked, he said: 'Can I go to the toilet? " After the films 'Top Gun' and 'The Color of Money' in spite of great success in his life was still a huge void. Because he knew that what he achieved – he won only one of persistence. He had great ambitions, but he understood in that moment that he could never achieve this. Because he ran into a wall. He could not learn to read.
Because of this barrier, his goals were unattainable. Before him was too great mountain, and he did not had the opportunity to climb it. And he knew it. He could not read something and then immediately apply it. So when he read, he confused the letters in the words beginning with a headache He was nervous He reached the bottom of the page and could not remember anything from your reading.
And of course Tom had somehow learn the role, to make movies. So he devised various ways to make up for their inability to learn effectively. For example, on the set He had a long talk with agents and directors – "Tell me about the movie, let's talk about this picture, what do you think about the film, as this hero, according to you, says what you think about it".